Katharine McPhee is a singer, actress and songwriter. McPhee came to fame after she appeared on the fifth season of ‘American Idol’. She was exactly pushed to show her singing skills to the world by her parents and then ex-husband Nick Cokas.
Katharine gave her performance back to back and she stood up to appear at the top three ranks. Though McPhee did not win the trophy, she had built up a reputation as a skilled singer. MaPhee also established her acting career. She has been a part of some projects including ‘The House Bunny’, ‘Smash’, ‘Scorpion’, Shark Night 3d and many more.
|Full Name||Katharine McPhee|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter and Actress|
|Siblings||Adriana McPhee (Sister)|
|Personal Life Info|
|DOB||25 March, 1984|
|Age||40 years (2020)|
|Hometown||Los Angeles, California|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries|
|Favorite Food||Chinese food|
|Highest Qualification||Boston Conservatory at Berklee|
|School||Notre Dame High School|
|Height||5 “8” Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Early Life of Katharine McPhee
Katharine McPhee was born in Los Angeles, California on 25 March, 1984. Katharine’s mother’s name is Peisha McPhee and father’s name is Daniel McPhee. Katharine’s father is a television producer and her mother has been one of the vocal coaches on American Idol since 2011. She has an elder sister Adriana.
McPhees’ shift to the Sherman Oaks of Los Angeles when Katharine was 12 years old. There Katharine completed her schooling from Notre Dame High School. Katharine showed a talent for music from an early age. She participated in school plays and musicals. To nurture and sharpen her musical skills further, Peisha started training her daughter early on.
Katharine graduated from high school in 2002. Katharine McPhee attended Boston Conservatory for only three semesters, majoring in Musical Theatre. However, she left college before graduation and moved back to Los Angeles to try her luck in the acting field.
Katharine had gained importance after her runner-up victory at the American Idol, her musical career received a major boost in 2007 when she came up with her debut self-titled album, ‘Katharine McPhee’. The album was a super hit, selling 116,000 copies its first week.
McPhee’s musical career did not come in between her acting skills. In fact, after she found success as a singer, she found factual roles come her way, both in films and television.
In 2012, she found the lead role as Karen Cartwright in ‘Smash’. The series lasted for two seasons.
Awards & Achievements
- In 2006, Katharine McPhee achieved the Favourite Hottie award from Fox Reality Awards.
- Katharine achieved the VH1 Big in ’06 Awards in the category Big ‘It’ Girl.
- Katharine McPhee won the award for the Exciting New Vocalist at the Young Hollywood Awards in 2007.
- In 2012, McPhee won the Women’s Image Network Awards for Best Actress in a Drama Series.
Marriage & Love Life
Katharine McPhee married on 2 February, 2008 with long-time boyfriend, Nick Cokas. In 2014, McPhee filed for divorce, after having been separated from Nick Cokas for one year. The divorce destabilized on February 8, 2016.
It has been rumoured that Katharine is dating Michael Morris, the director of TV series, ‘Smash’. She was photographed kissing him.
Katharine McPhee announced in 2018 that she was engaged to music producer David Foster. They were married in London in 2019.
Facts About Katharine McPhee
- Katharine struggled with an eating disorder.
- When she was 13 year old, she began craving herself and utilizing compulsively and by 17 became thin.
- She gained weight due to her bingeing during her college time.
- Later, she enrolled for a three-month rehabilitation program
- McPhee and David, who wed in 2019, have welcomed a baby boy, McPhee’s publicist confirmed Wednesday.
- Katharine McPhee and Foster were in a relationship for years after meeting in 2006 when Foster was a mentor on “American Idol.” McPhee was the runner-up on season five to Taylor Hicks.
- This is the first child for McPhee at the age 36, and the first son for Foster, who is 71 year old. He has five grown daughters from previous marriages.
When Katharine McPhee Married?
She married David Forster in 2019.
How much Net Worth of Katharine McPhee?
Her net worth is $14 Million.
What is the Age of Katharine?
She is 40 years old.
How many Children Katharine has?
She has 1 son from David Forster.